15/16 Main St. Lucan
Choosing a home printer
Choosing the wrong printer can be a very costly mistake. A small amount of time spent researching your new printer can save you a fortune in time and money and a whole lot of headaches down the line.
As a rule, you should bear in mind the following when choosing a new printer:
- Cheap printers cost more to run
- The cost of each cartridge and the amount of pages each cartridge prints (what is the cost per page?)
- Can the cartridges be refilled? (You don’t want to be stuck paying through the nose for expensive original-brand cartridges)
- The length and nature of the warranty (1 year or 2 years)
- How many pages do you print per month? (Remember, cheaper printers are designed for light home use only)
- Functionality – decide what you absolutely need and what would just be a bonus. Options to think about are:
- Black only or Colour
- Print-only or All-in-one (Printer/Scanner/Copier)
- Wired or wireless
- Automatic Document Feeder
- A4 or A3
- 2-sided printing
Please pop into the store or pick up the phone and talk to us before choosing your printer. We don’t mind you buying your printer elsewhere (although our printer deals are pretty much unbeatable!), we just don’t want you buying a machine and then finding out the cartridges can’t be refilled and/or cost an absolute fortune. We’re on (01) 621 9740.
Before you do anything, take a look at our printer deals, We will not be beaten on value!